Youssef A. Haddad
Arabic Language & Linguistics
Ph.D. in Linguistics
University of Florida - 2007
Download complete curriculum vitae (PDF)
- syntactic theory, especially as pertaining
to referential dependency and the choice and construal of antecedent:
- control - raising - resumption - binding
- unselected datives
- In preparation. Personal Datives in Arabic. In Elabbas Benmamoun and Reem Bassiouney (eds.), The Routledge Handbook on Arabic Linguistics. Routledge.
- To appear. Attitude Datives in Lebanese Arabic and the Interplay of Syntax and Pragmatics. Lingua.
- To appear. Binding as Co-indexing vs. Binding as Movement: Evidence from Personal Datives. To appear in the Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the Berkeley Linguistics Society.
- 2013. Pronouns and Intersubjectivity in Lebanese Arabic Gossip. Journal of Pragmatics 49: 57-77.
- 2011. The Syntax of Southern American English Personal Datives: An Anti-locality Account. Canadian Journal of Linguistics 56: 403-412.
Control - Raising - Resumption - Binding
- To appear. (with Eric Potsdam) Control Phenomena. In Martin Everaert and Henk van Riemsdijk (eds.), The Blackwell Companion to Syntax. Wiley-Blackwell.
- 2013. (with Susi Wurmbrand) Cyclic Spell-Out and Agreement Options in Raising. Paper presented at the Workshop on "Opacity in Grammar" (WOPiG), Leipzig.
- 2013. (with Eric Potsdam) Linearizing the Control Relation: A Typology. In Theresa Biberauer and Ian Roberts (eds.), Challenges to Linearization, 235-268. Mouton de Gruyter .
- 2012. Resumption in Lebanese Arabic: Movement minus Stranding. Ms. lingbuzz/001455
- 2012. Raising in Standard Arabic: Forward, Backward, and None. In R. Bassiouney and G. Katz (eds.), Arabic Language and Linguistics, , 61-78. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press.
- 2012. Control, Binding, and the Statue vs. Identity Interpretation. In Stefan Huber & Sonia Ramírez Wohlmuth (eds.), Tampa Papers in Linguistics 3, 67-76.
- 2011. Control into Conjunctive Participle Clauses: The Case of Assamese. Series: Trends in Linguistcs. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM] 233. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
- 2010. Why Things May Move: Evidence from (Circumstantial) Control. Journal of South Asian Linguistics 3: 45-63.
- 2010. A Non-Stranding Approach to Resumption: Evidence from South Asia. The Linguistic Review 27: 107-129.
Adjunct Control in Telugu: Exceptions as Non-Exceptions. Journal
of South Asian Linguistics 2: 35-51.
- 2009. Copy Control in Telugu. Journal of Linguistics 45(1): 69-109.
- 2007. Subject Anaphors: Exempt or Not Exempt. Linguistic Inquiry 38: 363-372.
- To appear. (with Caroline Wiltshire) Paradoxical Paradigms! Evidence from Lebanese Arabic Phonology. In Reem Khamis-Dakwarand and Karen Froud (eds.), Perspectives on Arabic Linguistics 26. Amsterdam / Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- 2008. Pseudo-Metathesis in Three Arabic Broken Plural templates. Word Structure 1(2):135-155.
- 2006. Dialect and Standard in Second Language Phonology: The Case of Arabic. SKY Journal of Linguistics 19: 147-172.
- ARA 3410 Advanced Arabic 1
- ARA 3411 Advanced Arabic 2
- ABT 3500 Arabic Culture
- ARA 4850 Structure of Standard Arabic
- ARA 4822 Arabic Sociolinguistics
- ARA 4930 Spoken Arabic 1
- LIN 3010 Introduction to Linguistics