CLAS Assembly Minutes
January 22, 2010
As taken by Laura Sjoberg
The meeting was called to order at 3:06pm by the Chair of the College Assembly, John Leavey. It proceeded as follows:
- The Chair (John Leavey) gave the Chair’s Report, then ceded the floor to the committee reports.
- The Committee Reports
were given as follows:
- The Faculty Council Report was given by Jean Larson, reporting on the survey of shared governance in departments. All 20 departments responded, indicating a high level of shared governance, particularly by committee. Still, there remains little reward for those heavily involved in service.
- The Finance Committee Report was given by Ken Merz. The committee has spent the majority of their time familiarizing themselves with the University’s new resource-distribution matrix, RCM, or Responsibility Center Management. Information can be found on the CFO’s website.
- The Curriculum Committee Report was given by Hana Filip. The committee met 5 times, considered 35 courses, approved 19 to go forward to the University Committee and recycled 16 of them.
- The Tenure and Promotion Committee Report was given by Leslie Anderson. The committee had 44 cases put before it. 25 were asst-associate, 13 associate-full, 6 were non-tenured non-tenurable cases for promotion. 42 were supported by departments, 34 supported by the committee, and ten were not.
- The Nominating Committee Report was given by Rori Bloom, encouraging attendees to consider getting involved in the College Assembly and its committees.
- The “State of the College Address” was given by Dean Paul D’Anieri, who also discussed the College Strategic Planning Process. The Dean took questions.
- The floor was opened for general discussion
- The Chair adjourned the meeting at 4:19pm.
- March 25, 2010
- January 22, 2010
- April 26, 2007
- January 9, 2007
- October 4, 2006
- May 1, 2006
- February 27, 2006
- November 16, 2005
- September 29, 2005
- March 28, 2005
- November 15, 2004
- September 14, 2004